27 Days of Thankful
So for today's post I want to do a quick list of 27 things I'm thankful for - one for every day of the month so far. I heard not too long ago that you should start each day by thinking of something you're thankful for before you even roll out of bed, and I wanted to start that habit this month and write them down to look at later. Here's my list so far; some are silly and others are heatfelt, but each has helped me to start my days this month off right.
1. My parents and their selflessness, strength, and willingness to support me even if I'm not taking their advice (which is pretty much always right).
2. My best friends from high school and college for being there during the hard times and the good times and for not letting time or distance get in the way of our friendship.
3. My boyfriend for always being there for me no matter what, even the two years that we were long-distance, and for being my person since day one.
4. The fact that people can learn and grow from their mistakes and even change for the better sometimes.
5. The teachers and professors I had growing up who equipped me with the tools and knowledge I needed to succeed.
6. Comfort foods that remind me of home and of loved ones when I'm missing them.
7. The low price of moscato.
8. My boyfriend's friends for embracing me as part of their group when I moved here without knowing anyone.
9. My terrible roommates, the elephant living upstairs, and my wonky appliances for teaching me not to sweat the small stuff (this one took some self-convincing).
10. Pinterest for always having so much that inspires me.
11. Spotify for keeping me company on long drives.
12. When it starts getting cold enough that I can break out my fuzzy throw blanket and my boxes of hot chocolate.
13. My blog followers. Love you guys!
14. Cooking shows, coloring books, and candles for calming me down when I'm stressed or upset.
15. My cell phone, because I would be lost without it.
16. Spur-of-the-moment adventures with friends.
17. That feeling you get when you experience something incredible (a movie, a book, a song, a meal, whatever) for the very first time.
18. That joy of getting to share something that's special to you with someone you love.
19. Knowing that you can always go back home if you need to.
20. Whoever decided to put wine in food, because sometimes you take a chance on a new wine and realize it has the kind of taste that's better suited to being disguised by pasta sauce.
21. The excitement and joy of an upcoming holiday.
22. The fact that, if you have a bad day, you can go to bed and wake up the next morning with a clean slate.
23. Kathie Lee and Hoda for being an integral part of my morning routine.
24. This blog and all of my followers! I love you guys.
25. Great memories with loved ones, especially if they aren't around anymore.
26. My three Fs: family, food, and football.
27. Leftovers of Thanksgiving food to keep you fed for days after.
Whether you're at home sleeping off your Thanksgiving feast or out fighting the crowds at Black Friday, I hope you're thinking about all the things you're thankful for today!